The Dallas Islamic Center (DIC), founded in 2007, is a non-profit and non-political organization operating exclusively for religious,charitable, educational, and literary purposes. DIC aspires to educate Muslims and non-Muslims alike with the basic knowledge of Islam, and to contribute towards betterment of the society.
Taking part in building a world of peace, respect, love, faith and trust.
- Enable the Muslim community to practice Islam in their daily lives,
- Propagate an atmosphere of harmony in the community,
- Show that religions can play a major role in restoring respect, sympathy, trust, and peaceful coexistence,
- Establish friendship and build bridges through dialogue and understanding between different individuals and organizations,
- Eradicate misconceptions, ignorance, and prejudice about Islam,
- Provide support in real life problems regardless of individual’s race, ethnicity, and gender,
- Promote academic studies on contemporary Islamic issues through organizing panels, symposiums, and conferences,
- Stretch a helping hand to those in need.